Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Summary of C4K Posts

Summary of C4K Posts for September

Picture of Quinn's WordleFor the first C4K assignment, I was assigned to Quinn. Quinn created a very interesting poem and I commented on that poem. He mentioned that he liked football and I added that I enjoyed football as well. He also mentioned that he was a caring, funny, and respectful and I added that I believe that I am as well. It wasn't much but it shows that someone is reading and paying attention to his blog.




Roller Coaster at Alton Towers Theme Park






In C4K #2 I posted to Lauren's blog in response to her posting about Alton Towers. I briefly explained to her how well her posting was written and told her I would like to visit Alton Towers as well one day. She also rated the rides their and now I know which rides to go on at Alton Towers (theme park I believe) because of her post.





I commented on Shiann's post as well for C4K #2 because Shiann's post was really thoughtful and powerful. Shiann did a tribute to those who died and fought for our freedom on 9/11 and asked that we send up prayers for them and their families. I told Shiann I would do as he/she asked and have done so. I also explained to Shiann what I was doing that day and how I remember the tragedy and sadness. Every year around 9/11 I am thankful and blessed that I was not in towers at that time or even in the city. I told Shiann he/she was truly inspirational and thanked Shiann for the courage to post that tribute. It was an excellent post.

Twin Towers wrapped in American Flag



For C4K #3 I posted to Mr. Norman and thanked him for his work with Mr. Capps and Mrs. Yim. I told him that what they are doing for the kids is wonderful. I watched some of his videos and listened to some of the songs he had recorded. I explained to him how his experience would be greatly appreciated by all involved in this initiative. I told him how this seemed to get the kids engaged in learning and they wanted to participate. I explained that if this is a way to get the kids to participate, this initiative will definitely take off and be successful.

1 comment:

  1. I know from the comments of the teachers that they find your comments useful and the kids love getting them. Writing for a real audience is important!

    You even got a lengthy response from Shiann.

    Well done. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete